I had to re-name some signals and power segments in the schematic of a working design. The names of the signal lines appear to have changed appropriately in the layout, but the zone names are still the old ones. This leads to a very large number of “Copper area belongs to a net which has no pads.” errors. I believe these errors are caused by a mismatch between the names of the nets and the names of the zones to which they are to connect.
How can I change the names of the zones to match the names of the nets to which they are connected?
What a surprising chance.
Just a moment ago I had a situation:
Zone connected to net G and connected to one connector pin at net G (may be it is important).
I have changed the net name at schematic to G1.
I have saved the schematic and in PcbNew made “Update PCB from schematic”.
Was not sure what will be with zone net so entered its edition. I noticed that zone net was changed to G1, but I noticed that among nets to select I have also G which should be not there. Unselecting zone and selecting it once more didn’t helped. Closing PcbNew and opening again helped.
Thanks for your reply to my question. I tried closing down KiCAD, which of course closes PcbNew, and re-opening it. That didn’t solve the problem. But careful examination showed that all of the problems were with one net name that changed as a result of my re-naming a power net. My fix was to explicitly select each zone with the old name and manually re-name it to the new one. Tedious, but all of the errors found by the DRC prior to that are now fixed.