Rename Sheet

I’m working on a hiearchical schematic using v8.0.5. I orginally named a schematic sheet “Interface” but now I want to change it to “Host_Interface”. I looked in the help and I can’t seem to find how to do it.

How change a subsheet name from within eeschema?

Am I really stuck with closing KiCAD and hand editing the root file?

Thank you for your time,

JasonG

P.S. I asked a chat bot how to do it and it gave me directions to use non-existent menu and dialog box choices. I then said, I’m using version 8 and it said that things had changed. Then it told me to use different non-existent menu and dialog box choices.

Pretty sure it’s . . . Select the sheet, press E for it’s properties, change it’s name. Or just right click the sheet and go to Properties.

When I select the sheet in the hierarchy and press ‘E’ I get the ping indicating a bad command and nothing happens.

When I right click I only see a choice to edit the page number.

JG

Select the sheet block inside the root sheet and press E

3 Likes

Thank you bertrand_meneroud. That worked. I didn’t think that doing that would actually rename the file.

After you change the name, it pops up a dialog asking if you want it to create a new file with the contents of the old sheet. I clicked yes and the new file appeared. I liked that it didn’t delete the old file although in this particular case I will.

Thank you all again for your time.

JG

2 Likes