Remove a zone cutout boundry?

So I added a few zone cutout boundaries and realize I want to remove one of them but I can’t find any option to do so. All I can do is add more. Anyone know how to do that?

Using (5.0.1)-3 on Win10.

Thanks!

Try right clicking on the boundary of the zone cutout of interest. Hopefully you should get a context sensitive menu allowing you to (among other things) delete the zone cutout. You should also be able to access the zone cutout’s properties should you need to edit them.

Should have mentioned I tried that already. Here’s what I see.

“Delete” : Removes the entire zone and all the zone cutouts associated (bad)
“Remove Corner” : Does nothing that I can see other than unselecting the zone
“Cut” : Does nothing at all

I think you can drag any of the white squares. Does that help at all?

I can drag them fine. I want to remove that polygon though as I don’t need it anymore.

I guess I’m misunderstanding something then.

Can you maybe move it off the board and then do a block select and delete it that way?

Try to press the Del (delete) key on your keyboard while the zone is selected (the squares and circles are shown as in your screenshot).

Right. When I do that, the entire zone is deleted including all the keep outs. I’m just trying to delete one of the keep outs, keep the rest of the keep outs and the overall zone. Doesn’t seem possible.

This is interesting. I didn’t know there are “cutouts”. Actually they aren’t keepout areas. They are just holes in the zone. They are added to a selected zone through the context menu. Keepout areas are added through the dedicated tool. Keepout areas a selected and deleted like zones. But cutouts are not.

Here’s what works for me (in the current development version): Select the zone. Move the mouse over a corner of the cutout. Delete one corner of the cutout at a time with the context menu->Remove Corner. When you delete the third last there’s no polygon left (duangle doesn’t exist!) and the whole cutout is deleted.

2 Likes

It’s possible to do some funny things with zones, cutouts and keepouts.

1 Like

When I click on “remove corner” I get a “self-intersecting contours are not allowed” and nothing happens.

Have you tried moving all segments off off the board and doing a block delete?

This is the right answer. If OP tried to delete a corner and it seemingly had no effect it just means there was a duplicate corner overlaying the one they deleted. Keep going until there are less than 3 corners, cutout will disappear.

2 Likes

OK, I can reproduce this. With a self-intersecting polygon :slight_smile: .

Here’s an example of a self-intersecting polygon, the offending part is in the right lower corner:

You have to move the corners of the polygon so that it’s not self-intersecting. After that you can remove corners.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.