Raytracing/lighting setting on Kicad 5.99

Kicad 5.99 came with more option on the 3d viewer display option, especially on the raytracing menu. But I can’t get the right setting to preproduce the same “color result” as the Kicad 5 (stable) does, it’s either too bright or too dark. I suspect it’s from the lighting config (and solder mask opacity) because I pretty much checked the same setting on the all other options.

Here’s the side by side render between Kicad 5.1 (left) and 5.99 (right)

I like the 5.1 color result, but 5.99 is having a right result for castellated hole. Can anyone tell me which parameter needed to be tweaked? or better by share your current config.

Thanks.

The 5.1 screenshot appears to have stronger lighting assuming the pad colors are the same, so I would recommend making the soldermask color darker in 5.99 rather than turning the lighting down.

Try first to reset to default settings then go to each of the colors and reset it to the default color (it will restore the default opacity) then change the soldermask and copper color the same as before

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.