Raspberry Pi Compute Module component library

As I didn’t run across those yet I’ll share the ones I made an hour ago.
Contains symbols for RPi (A+, B+, 2B) and CM1, CM3 & CM3lite.
Please verify with Raspberry Pi Foundation documentation yourself - I don’t take any responsibility if they’re wrong :wink:

Lib can be found here:

It’s kept in style to what the foundation uses in their reduced documentation.

Feel free to adopt it to the KiCAD library convention and submit it to be included into the KiCAD libs.

Once I get around to do some layout with them I’ll probably create a CM 3D STEP model that you should be able to integrate into the SODIMM 200 pin connector footprint of your choice…

Just in case it’s needed, this is a footprint for a TE 200pin SODIMM (drawing number CD_1473149_K3):

3 Likes

updated the component libs with multipart symbols for CM1/3/3lite

PS: that the VAL/REF fields are common to all units sucks…

This is awesome. Thanks!

Great work … Would you be willing to contribute these to the official libs? Reorganization is far enough to make sensible additions by now …

1 Like

Good work. It would be awesome if you had the time to submit this to the standard kicad library.

Did you have time to test it yet? :slight_smile:

Quick note, the connector should end with - 4 instead of - 1 as in the link :slight_smile: otherwise your pi is not gonna fit :slight_smile:
Cheers
Someone who did this mistake way too many times

I had a look at Joan’s library, it would take a bit of rework to conform to the style of the KLC. There is nothing wrong with Joan’s library, the KLC has a quite specific style which is not to everyone’s taste.

If there is interest, I can work on a KLC version.

I’m very interested in it. I’ve got a design using the CMs in Altium that I would like to redo in KiCad and this would help greatly.

Can you say what the difference is? On the TE website 1473149-1 and 1473149-4 have the same drawing, and I can’t see what the difference is from the description.

ETA: Ah ok, I remember now there is a key for the voltage. That is quite important!

1 Like

Hey I downloaded the stp model from TE, coloured it and exported it to KiCAD 3D Model… enjoy!

unfortunatly I’m not allowed to upload file attachments as a new user. :weary:

1 Like

Try to up load it now.

nope… still saying “Sorry, new users can not upload attachments.”

Before uploading the 3d model you might want to double check the license you signed with TE. I am certain you are not allow to redistribute derived work :wink:

1 Like

These are the terms and conditions of TE for their models. It’s more or less a disclaimer that the won’t pay for any errors in the model.
I called their support and they will come back to me with an official statement. Would be good to know because there are sooo many 3D Models the community could use.

This information has been provided to you free of charge for your use but remains the sole property of Tyco Electronics Corporation. While Tyco
Electronics has used reasonable efforts to ensure its accuracy, Tyco Electronics does not guarantee that it is error-free, nor makes any other representation, warranty or guarantee that the
information is completely accurate or up-to-date. In many cases, the CAD data has been simplified to remove proprietary detail while maintaining critical interface geometric detail for use by
customers. Tyco Electronics expressly disclaims all implied warranties regarding this information, including but not limited to any implied warranties or merchantability or fitness for a particular
purpose.

Tyco Electronics will in no case be liable for your use, or the results of your use, of the CAD models or any accompanying written materials. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO VERIFY THE
RESULTS OF YOUR USE OF THIS INFORMATION IN YOUR OWN PARTICULAR ENGINEERING AND PRODUCT ENVIRONMENT AND YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE RISK OF DOING SO OR
FAILING TO DO SO.

In no event will Tyco Electronics or its contractors, directors, officers, employees, affiliates or distributors be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages (including
but not limited to, damages for lost business, lost profits, business interruptions and loss of information) arising from your use of, or your inability to use the CAD models or any accompanying written
materials, even if Tyco Electronics has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event will Tyco Electronics’ liability to you for any cause whatsoever, and regardless of the form of
action, exceed $500.

No oral or written information of advice given by Tyco Electronics or its distributors, agents or employees will operate to create any warranty or guarantee or vary any provision or information
herein, and you may not rely on any such information or advice. Tyco Electronics reserves the right to change any portion of this data at any time without notice.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer. If you really want 100% accurate advice talk to a lawyer specializing in copyright law (I guess this will not come cheap).

This is the important part. You can not redistribute it as long as something like this is in the license. (As far as i understand it there is no way to redistribute without being the rightful owner of it. Or at least having the permission of the rightful owner. This is why open licenses always include a section that details who under what circumstances is allowed to redistribute.)

So if support comes back to you and specifically tells you that you can share your derived work then yes you can share it. I highly doubt they will do it as it would require some higher up to make a decision that could in theory weaken their license. (The target group of their information are companies who typically do not share their derived work publicly so they do not need this right. If one grants redistribution right to one person any other party could point to that instance and say “we want to be treated equally”.)

The rest is a long worded “no warranty” disclaimer and is of no consequence to this discussion.

1 Like

I’m not a lawyer, either, but I’m somewhat familiar with copyright issues. Rene is probably completely right. Basically their “licence” doesn’t give you any permissions or rights which weren’t lawfully yours already implicitly - i.e. personal use - and by silence they say “all rights reserved, no rights granted” because that’s what law says anyways.

Hi,
where can i get kicad component: TE 200pin SODIMM
Thanks for the information :slight_smile:

Are you after the footprint or the 3D model?

I need it in schematic and 3D

The schematic and footprint links in the first post of this thread worked for me just now

1 Like