Raspberry Pi Compute Module component library

As I didn’t run across those yet I’ll share the ones I made an hour ago.
Contains symbols for RPi (A+, B+, 2B) and CM1, CM3 & CM3lite.
Please verify with Raspberry Pi Foundation documentation yourself - I don’t take any responsibility if they’re wrong :wink:

Lib can be found here:

It’s kept in style to what the foundation uses in their reduced documentation.

Feel free to adopt it to the KiCAD library convention and submit it to be included into the KiCAD libs.

Once I get around to do some layout with them I’ll probably create a CM 3D STEP model that you should be able to integrate into the SODIMM 200 pin connector footprint of your choice…

Just in case it’s needed, this is a footprint for a TE 200pin SODIMM (drawing number CD_1473149_K3):

Rasberry pi zero

updated the component libs with multipart symbols for CM1/3/3lite

PS: that the VAL/REF fields are common to all units sucks…

This is awesome. Thanks!

Great work … Would you be willing to contribute these to the official libs? Reorganization is far enough to make sensible additions by now …

Good work. It would be awesome if you had the time to submit this to the standard kicad library.

Did you have time to test it yet? :slight_smile:

Quick note, the connector should end with - 4 instead of - 1 as in the link :slight_smile: otherwise your pi is not gonna fit :slight_smile:
Cheers
Someone who did this mistake way too many times

I had a look at Joan’s library, it would take a bit of rework to conform to the style of the KLC. There is nothing wrong with Joan’s library, the KLC has a quite specific style which is not to everyone’s taste.

If there is interest, I can work on a KLC version.

I’m very interested in it. I’ve got a design using the CMs in Altium that I would like to redo in KiCad and this would help greatly.

Can you say what the difference is? On the TE website 1473149-1 and 1473149-4 have the same drawing, and I can’t see what the difference is from the description.

ETA: Ah ok, I remember now there is a key for the voltage. That is quite important!