“Conductor to Hole Clearance”
“Conductor to substrate edge clearance”
“Minimum through-hole”
“hole to hole clearance”
“minimum microvia diameter”
“Minimum microvia hole”
“Minimum Clearance for (Silkscreen) Items”
Please tell me the numerical value of the above items
基板製造の仕様 – Feedback & Ideas for seeed - Specifications for Substrate Manufacturing”
I referred to, but I did not know which numerical value applies, so I asked a question

I suspect nearly everybody on this forum cannot read Japanese. So I put your post through a translator. I hope you are willing to translate the replies back to Japanese yourself.

In the PCB editor in kicad6
I want to set “File” → “Board settings” → “Design rules” → “Constraints”
“minimum clearance”
“Minimum wiring width”
“Minimum Annular Width”
“Minimum Via Diameter”
“Minimum via drill”
“Conductor to Hole Clearance”
“Conductor to substrate edge clearance”
“Minimum through-hole”
“hole to hole clearance”
“minimum microvia diameter”
“Minimum microvia hole”
“Minimum Clearance for (Silkscreen) Items”
Please tell me the numerical value of the above items
“Specifications for Board Manufacturing – Feedback & Ideas for seed
I referred to, but I did not know which numerical value applies, so I asked a question

1 Like

excuse me.
Edited from Japanese to English.

This values should be set to parameters offered by PCB manufacturer you plan to use, or…
to a bigger values if you don’t want to test their possibilities up to their limits.
For example PCB manufacturer I use specifies minimum track width/minimum clearance is 4/4 mils (1 mils = 0.0254mm). But I don’t know (never checked it) if PCBs using 4/4 are more expensive than those not needing such precision. I prefer to use 8/8 as my minimum, and where it is possibly I prefer to use 10 mils tracks. So I write Minimum clearance 0.2mm and minimum track width 0.2mm but I use default track width 0.25mm and if at some place at PCB I can’t fit with my tracks I use there 0.2mm tracks.
I remember the situation I had to use 7 mils tracks, but it was long before 2017 when I started to use KiCad.
My PCB manufacturer specifies different minimums for annular ring at top or bottom layers than for inner layers. This can also depend on copper thickness you use.
I can’t say more. I designed some PCBs with KiCad V5 but there were no these settings, and I designed only one very small PCB with KiCad V6. I had to do it in one day and I see I didn’t set these values for this one PCB.

Peter, thank you for your reply.
I will place an order for the board to FusionPCB,
FusionPCB board manufacturing specifications
基板製造の仕様 – Feedback & Ideas for seeed - Specifications for Substrate Manufacturing”
Line/Space = 4mil / 1oz
Line/Space = 10mil/2oz
It is.
I would like to secure 0.2 mm from a safety point of view,
On the FusionPCB printed circuit board and manufacturing service screen,
Up to 6mil for 1oz
2oz is 10mil.
The initial value of the copper foil thickness is 1 oz, and I also wanted to set it to 1 oz,
Would 2oz be better?
This is where I’m worried.

1 oz is ok for most projects. Only when you have higher current requirements do you need thicker copper.

retiredfeline.thank you for your reply.
The board we will be dealing with this time may have a large current value.
I will answer after simulating with LTSpice.
It will take some time.

When I simulated with LTSpice, the maximum current flow was only 0.1A, so a 1oz substrate is fine. FusionPCB cannot specify 10mil for minimum wiring width and minimum clearance for 1oz, but since it is the minimum value, specify 6mil for FusionPCB and 0.254mm (10mil) for KiCad. Also, I don’t know how to determine the minimum via diameter and the minimum via drill diameter.

You should select minimums as you want until they are bigger then manufacturer can offer.
At your manufacturer offer there are dimensions in green rectangles. I can’t read what each diameter is for but the best what you can do is probably just use those diameters marked by rectangles.
For many years I was not using smaller hole than 0.4mm. Recently at thermal pads under IC I decided to go down to 0.3mm. Minimum via diameter depends on minimum annular width that have to be added at both sides of hole. If annular is 0.15mm then for hole 0.3mm minimum via diameter will be 0.6mm and for 0.4mm it will be 0.7mm. But I prefer to use little bigger (I add 0.4mm to hole diameter).
I just prefer to left some margin above manufacturer specification to avoid any problems.

1 Like

[quote=“Piotr, post:9, topic:38483, full:true”]

Piotr,
Thank you for your reply.
It was very helpful.
I am very grateful to you.

I want to close this topic, can someone please tell me how.

Done.

And more characters for 20.