Question about import SST (two boards connected like a sandwich))

Hello everyone.

I have a few boards, and they will be connected like a sandwich.
And I want to generate from one board Silkscreen and Import it to another to precisely select the location of the holes.
What is the best way to do this? Previously, I only worked in Orcad.
Thank you for your help.

I hereby certify that I am not simply asking someone else to design a footprint for me.

This is an auto-generated message that is in place on the “footprints” section of the KiCad.info forum. If I remove it and ask for a footprint to be designed anyway, I understand that I will be subject to forum members telling me to go design my own footprint or referring me to a 3rd party footprint site.

Hm…
Several ways to skin this cat, just not the way you might want to (aint that always the case?) :upside_down_face:

1. if you know the mounting alignment beforehand you can work from a DXF file, which has got the positions and import that into every layout

2. you can create a footprint, that has the markers where you need them and use that in every layout, similar to the DXF thing

3. you can save the project as a template and start the other boards from that

4. same as 3, just copying the project and using that

1/2 are more safe as the location information is being fixated, while 3/4 could introduce misalignments if you’re not very careful. Personally I used 1/2.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.