In order to replicate layout the script:
- does a lot of other things quite succesfully
- gets all nets via
- gets all pads connected to each net via Pads method for each net (e.g.
net.Pads()). And this is where I get an error "_AttributeError: ‘NETINFO__ITEM’ object has no attribute 'Pads’ "
- again a lot of other things
As I look on Tutorials on python scripting in pcbnew the Net class used to have Pads() method. But from what I can tell from the current Python API documentation at KiCAD pcbnew scripting the Net class does no longer have this method.
I probably might be able to jerry rig the script to get the modules and nets associated to them via pads class as its members have
GetNetname() and I can find to which Module they belong to via
GetParent(), but before I delve to deep for my comfort I would like to know:
- Can anybody confirm that pcbnew python API changed, and Net class does no longer have Pads() method?
- How stable is Python API (if I make something and publish it, how much will the support for the thing take in the long run)?
- Is there any other direct way to find pads (or even better modules) that are connected to one net?