Properties edit last nightly build

Hi. Here is problem with last nightly.
When i edit properties(doble-click or move cursor on component and hit E) it adding blank line, and when I hit Ok it gives error, about no empty line allowed. Fine. I delete line and Ok, and it save. But next component - same, or even component i edited before. It always adding this blank properties line, and it annoying.

May be it because new properties window. don’t know.

When you report a bug, even if you only ask here first before submitting to the bug database, always give the exact version from Help->About->Copy Version info. Also you didn’t tell what properties window you mean and from which subprogram (eeshcema, pcbnew…). “Component” is ambiguous, use “symbol” or “footprint” instead.

I can see if it happens to me, too, if you tell these details.

Application: eeschema
Version: (5.1.0-rc1-42-ga246d905f), release build
Libraries:
wxWidgets 3.0.4
libcurl/7.61.1 OpenSSL/1.1.1 (WinSSL) zlib/1.2.11 brotli/1.0.6 libidn2/2.0.5 libpsl/0.20.2 (+libidn2/2.0.5) nghttp2/1.34.0
Platform: Windows 7 (build 7601, Service Pack 1), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW
Build Info:
wxWidgets: 3.0.4 (wchar_t,wx containers,compatible with 2.8)
Boost: 1.68.0
OpenCASCADE Community Edition: 6.9.1
Curl: 7.61.1
Compiler: GCC 8.2.0 with C++ ABI 1013
Build settings:
USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=OFF
USE_WX_OVERLAY=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_PYTHON3=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON_PHOENIX=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING_ACTION_MENU=ON
BUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON
KICAD_USE_OCE=ON
KICAD_USE_OCC=OFF
KICAD_SPICE=ON

Component properties window.

There is no tool called component properties window in the english version (KiCad version 5 always uses either the word footprint or symbol. Never the word component.)

If you are not sure how the tool is called in english then first switch KiCad to english. (main window -> preferences -> language.)

And even if we know if you mean footprint or symbol we still do not know how you reached that tool. (One can open similarly named tools for a symbol placed in a schematic as one can for a symbol in the symbol editor. The same is true for footprints.)

In English it call symbol properties. Just double-click on any symbol of schematic and it will popup.
Or move cursor over symbol and hit e.

each time you edit something it create this empty field.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.