Production test specifications i KiCad

Hi
I’m a hardware test developer and was thinking about test specifications and how I do it today. Is there any good plugin to auto generate test points and a test plan for e.g. TestStand (National instruments) by tagging what needs to be tested in the schematics. E.g. tagging a diod with the forward and backward voltage at a current would generate two test points on both side in the schematics and add a sub heading “Diodes” in the test specification and that in turn could generate a test step in test sequence tools. This would save a bunch of time. which is always good for the customer and me for a happier customer.

If not would it be possible to get it implemented?

As a test developer this would help my day to day job very much and could help drive down the cost since the use could generate what they want to test. This also could could give an indication of areas where you have less test coverage and help you to find where you should test and where you added test might be redundant if you will not repair them.

If you have a format specification for the type of files that TestStand accepts, please contact me (my contact info in found by clicking my avatar).

1 Like

I will contact you today. Thanks for reaching out.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.