Problems when reading netlist in Pcbnew

Hi all.

I have added some diodes to my schematic, and used the part in the schema as below:
The footprint i assigned is:

When I read the netlist in Pcbnew, I get the following errors:
The diode shows up like this, and does not allow me to connect traces:
Can somebody explain what is going wrong here?

If you are on v5 right now (which looks like it) you are likely running into this

Update: sorry, I didn’t read carefully the error message in update netlist.

Looks like your symbol has pins named “A” and “K” but the footprint has pins named 1 and 2. Make them match by either updating your symbol or changing to another footprint and you should be fine.

1 Like

Ok - I editted the passive library symbol as you suggested!

I am a little surprised the symbol comes like this as standard, as it won’t really line up with most footprints like that!

It doesn’t. There is not a standard “Passive” library, so you likely downloaded it from somewhere else.

I’d be extra careful here as this has the Value set to “DIODE” which is how the spice library was named. That also swaps the meaning of pin 1 and pin 2 relative to standards. Since you are mixing standard footprints with non-standard symbols, you may be in for a rude surprise when you power this on.

2 Likes

You still posted the correct FAQ article. The library name is plural meaning it is definetly a version 4 footprint (also the pads are rectangles instead of round rect.)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.