Problems navigating forum on desktop

On Chrome desktop I have difficulties with the forum, I can’t click any link nor scroll down the page.

There is an covering the whole page

I have to open dev tools and delete the img, then I can click but no scroll

I’m the only one experiencing this?

I am using Chrome and have never seen this before but if I right click in a clear bit of screen and select ‘Inspect’ I see what you do. What I believe to be a developer window opens up on the right hand side and I simply close it down the usual way ‘X’ in top right corner. Not sure if this gives you a clue but good luck :slightly_smiling_face:
:mouse:

I read the forum on Firefox / Linux (home) and Chrome / Win10 (work) and have no problems. It looks to me like adBlock or something similar (if you use it) is blocking something. Usually if you can’t click anything, then quite often it’s a “cookie” notice you need to click on, but you can’t see it because it’s blocked.

1 Like

As of the latest upgrade I’ll see some colored dots pulsing as the page loads when I first sign in. Not so much once I’ve logged in though. This is the Discourse software though. Not much to be done on this end though. I have a site up with it now. I’ll see if it can be turned off. @ChrisGammell ?

@kiltro Can you follow the link above? I’ll pass on any information you wish to provide them, unless by some strange chance you want to sign up for that forum too.:wink:

1 Like

I noticed that too. It’s some kind of activity indicator to pacify the user. I should mention that many sites will not load correctly if Javascript is blocked. So try whitelisting forum.kicad.info in your adblocker or whatever. The only ads here will be to support KiCad. :wink:

Unfortunately I’ve already tried disabling my adblock… To no avail

I can on mobile.
On desktop I can’t scroll down the page and see your link

From the discourse forum:

1 Like

Chrome 111
OsX 10.15.7
In incognito it works fine
AdBlock is disabled for kicad forum

Got this from the Discourse folk:

2 Likes

Macbook pro 10.15.7 is catalina

I have firefox locked down so tight I break lots of sites. This one is pretty much whitelisted and it does fine. I have to disable notifications because it will freeze firefox for about 30 seconds and then report a fingerprinting attempt.

What about NoScript or a similar extension? (especially if you saying that in works in Incognito Mode, which I think by default disables all the extensions).

1 Like

I’ll try disabling all extensions and if it works re-enable them one by one

Found it… it was an extension indeed :partying_face:

Which one? I’d like to post the final resolution on the Discourse site. They may want to look at why the extension broke it.

It’s called Wistia Video Downloader, I think I’ve never actually used it :sweat_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.