Problems installing Kicost

Dear all,

I’ve troubles installing kicost on my win10 machine. It worked great before on this machine and with this installation.

My shell integration doesn’t work. So i reinstalled Python and reinstalled kicost. But i get the following error while installing kicost.

ERROR: b"‘xslt-config’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,\r\noperable program or batch file.\r\n"
** make sure the development packages of libxml2 and libxslt are installed **

Using build configuration of libxslt
error: Setup script exited with error: Unable to find vcvarsall.bat

Anyone got a idea ?

thanks.

Oh and isn’t it easier to just only have a button in kicad to run this BOM thing ???

KiCOST isn’t a ‘BOM-thing’, it takes the BOM and then querries a couple of distributors for prices of the parts in your BOM :wink:
The button to create that list (usually csv) is indeed in both eeschema and pcbnew, depending on what source you prefer for your BOM.

The error says you need to get xslt installed… that’s a python lib to create xls files.

I think there was a guide on @devbisme 's website for KiCOST about how to set that in motion.

If you got a more recent python you can just open a command line and try:

pip install libxml2-dev

and

pip install libxslt-dev

But that’s just me stabbing into the dark there.

I just installed kicost into a new Python 3.5 virtual environment under Win7 with no problem except that I had to manually install lxml from here. Maybe doing the manual lxml install will fix your problem.