Hei guys and gals
So I have this project that I working on for school that consists of a few open source boards melted into one. The work has mainly consisted of copeing and tweeking the designes but now as I start with pcb layout I have hit a snag where the netlist seems to be wrong as the pads on some parts are marked with the wrong net name. This is my first time using using KiCad so I am pretty sure that I am not following some rule that I should but after alot of googling and trial/error I am all out of ideas. Have used OrCad previosly but found it to be to cumbersome when adding new parts and exporting data when finished.
So I ask for some input/help on this problem.
Attached picture shows how a shunt resistor is marked V_supply on pad/pin 2 on the pcb layout while on the schematic (far right) it is connected to GND. The shunt resistor is connected to the ground side of a mosfet array in a motor controller. On the other side of the array V_supply is connected so the shunt resistor needs to “go through” multible parts to find V_supply. V_supply and GND are connected together with a capactior in multiple places in the schematic to filter out input noise. I have tried to use both global lable and hiarical pins for V_supply.
Please chime in if you have an idea on what is going on, I am running out of time for this project I am ready to try anything. I am guessing a netlist generation problem or most likely some error on my part (getting an error in ERC on things that are not connected together or makes no sense).