Problem with graphics in schematic editor 5.99

Hi, does anyone have same problem or is this known problem? I really tried to find out, how to fix this or if someone else had same problem, but i was not successful.

Version: (5.99.0-10573-gc33b2cfa8d), release build

Thank you very much in avance for any help.

Please give the complete version info from Help -> About -> Copy Version Info.

Does changing Preferences -> Schematic Editor -> Display Options -> Rendering Engine have effect on this?

Have you possibly changed color schemes from preferences -> Colors?

Application: KiCad Schematic Editor (64-bit)

Version: (5.99.0-10573-gc33b2cfa8d), release build

Libraries:
wxWidgets 3.1.5
libcurl/7.74.0-DEV Schannel zlib/1.2.11

Platform: Windows 10 (build 19042), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW

Build Info:
Date: May 17 2021 07:04:36
wxWidgets: 3.1.5 (wchar_t,STL containers)
Boost: 1.75.0
OCC: 7.5.0
Curl: 7.74.0-DEV
ngspice: 34
Compiler: Visual C++ 1928 without C++ ABI

Build settings:
KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_PYTHON3=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON_PHOENIX=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_ACTION_MENU=ON
KICAD_USE_OCC=ON
KICAD_SPICE=ON

Does changing Preferences -> Schematic Editor -> Display Options -> Rendering Engine have effect on this?

Yes :slight_smile:
Accelerated graphics

Fallback graphics

Have you possibly changed color schemes from preferences -> Colors?
I believe that i did not.

It’s not a color issue. It’s a GPU issue. Try updating your GPU drivers.

Otherwise that kind of artifacting is generally a symptom of a failing GPU.

1 Like

Those off-colors remind me very strongly of a video connector not plugged in properly in the back of your PC. Must have been the age of analog VGA.

But that can’t be it, as the menu’s and such look normal.

So, I did not have any issue with any other application before, but I updated all drivers and now problem with wrong rendering is gone. But I still have problem with schematic.

Now with both settings of Rendering Engine is view for my eyes same.

And biggest issue which I can see right now are black wires. In settings I have standard green one.

I have laptop Lenovo T470p with i7-7700HQ and it has two GPUs (Intel® HD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA GeForce 940MX 2GB). I am not sure, if it could be the problem? But as i said, i did not have any problem with older versions of Kicad or even with any other application.

Did you set black as the color of the default netclass in Schematic Setup?

I don`t know, when i did it, but i did it somehow. Maybe when I imported project setting from older project? I do not know.
Anyway thanks a lot, Kicad is great and forum is maybe even better, i didn’t hope, that I will get so many helpful advices during one afternoon. Thank you.

You can change colors in:
Eeschema / Preferences / Preferences / Eeschema / Colors

If you change this, it may take some zooming and/or mouse clicks before the changes are updated in the current schematic.
(This looks like a (very minor) bug to me).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.