Problem with Circles in Gerber Files

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has had any issues with graphic circles not displaying correctly on the finished PCB silkscreens?

I received manufactured boards back, and 2 circles that I had on the silkscreen were missing. I queried with the fab house PCBWay and they’re saying the circles are not visible on their side. They are using CAM350.

I generated Gerbers and the circles are visible in KiCad’s Gerber Viewer. I then checked on a number of other viewers - I thought there may be updated Gerber standards. All the following worked:

I was about to blame the fab house, but then found that the circles didn’t display using

Has anyone experienced something similar, or able to shed any light. I was about to download a trial version of CAM350, but thought I’d ask here first :smile:

Thanks
Andrew

I came across something like it quite a while ago, it was fixed about a year ago.

Thanks. Sounds similar, except that the circles appear fine on the Gerbers that I generate except for the fab house and one online gerber viewer.

Do you have any file or gerber or circle size to share? I did a quick check, exported some circles in Kicad build #6055 and imported it into CAM350. NO problem.

Thanks - would appreciate your help. I’ve attached a ZIP of the Gerbers as well as the “PNG” silkscreen from the PCB Fab

CAP_Accel-ADXL343 2015-08-05.zip (20.6 KB)

Your Gerbers in KiCAd #6055

Your Gerbers in CAM350

The large circles are not visible in either programs. What is the radius of those circles ?

Thanks very much - that’s awesome. It’s exactly what I’m seeing in Gerbview as well as stack of other online viewers. The circle is defined as:

Could I ask which version of CAM350 you’re using?

Ok i’m confused. Which circles do you mean ? The big one in the first PNG or the small one of the logo x/y/z ?

V 10.2

The dimensions I included above are for the larger of the two circles in the X/Y/Z logo.

The crazy-big circle in the original PNG I attached, is the render from teh Fab house using CAM350 version 9.5