Problem saving 3D as picture

Hello, I have a strange Problem with the 3D viewer. I am using KiCad 5.1.x (failure is always the same) with Linux Mint 19.x and a NVIDIA9600GT.
Everything is running just fine and the 3D viewer works perfectly for me with modern canvas and HW-Acceleration !
I face this problem with NVIDIA legacy driver and nuveau driver :

When I export the 3D view as a picture everything seems to work. But the picture is very distorted and contains only one corner of the view. Sometimes an elongated part of the PCB is visible. It depends on how the PCB fills the view.
I may add Pictures to this post … But has anyone else encountered this ?

Greetings, Chris

Hi Chris, never experienced that.
The only issue for me is that Copy to clipboard is not working…
Would you like to create an issue with that information and generated image on gitlab ?

Hello Kammutierspule, thanks for your answer.

I know nothing about how to create issues and gitlab (my employer even blocks gitlab). I think I will create 2 pictures (3D -> PNG) and add them to this post to give a better impression.

I fear, this is some strange combination of my HW and Kicad. Otherwise this should be already known and you should be able to reproduce this easily. I hoped, this might be a n already known but not urgent issue … :thinking:

Trying what will be 5.1.6 on Ubuntu 18.04 with Radeon graphics, everything is fine

Interesting ! So this really seems to be related to the graphic HW ?!

Hmmm, or maybe 5.1.6. has some related fix. I will update anyway …

You need to register on gitlab and add a post, similar as you did here with this information on this link:

Click “New issue”
That is the proper way of reporting a bug on KiCad. If you write it here, nobody (from the development workflow perspective) will care :confused:

I’m sorry to hear that you work on such conditions! :confused:

1 Like

yeah, this PC is merely a terminal for Microsoft Services - all others are forbidden and blocked. :money_mouth_face:

Hi,
yesterday I installed 5.1.6 and the Problem is gone ! Unfortunately I forgot to test immediately BEFORE the update to be sure I did not change something else in between. In any case this seems to be solved !
:grinning: Greetings !

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.