Problem editing schemas with same name

When additing two schemmas whit same file name on a master sheet, editing one schemma, the other identical is update automatically, but I have one unit of LM358, if I try to use the same designator, unit A in one schemma, unit B in other, the KICAD stop for a while, then close after…
Kicad versioin 6.99.0-1.20220811 wxWidgets 3.0.5 Unicode and Boost 1.76.0 Plataform Linux 5.18.16-200.fc36.x86_64 x86_64 64 bit

I think there are two problems here.

First the v6.88 nightly seems to have general problems with changing symbol-units (on Win10 I get exception-errors). I have this reported as gitlab-bug changing symbol-unit not possible: raises exception (#12218) · Issues · KiCad / KiCad Source Code / kicad · GitLab.

Second your intention to have Unit “A” of the LM358 in the first subsheet-channel and Unit “B” in the second subsheet-channel (and both pointing to the same schematic-file) is not possible.

As far as I know all subsheets pointing to the same file have to be identical in symbol-unit-use and symbol-footprint-assignment.
It’s only allowed that the subsheet-channels differ in all other symbol-properties.

Thank you very much !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.