Printout without filled zones?

I would like to print boards without the zone fills when the respective copper layers are selected. More often than not I want to see the pads but do not want to waste toner for filled zones. Should be an option as one might be interested in printing the zone as filled, e.g. for continuity checks.

I do not see any way to achieve that. Did I miss something? If not I’ll post a feature request in the bug tracker…

Very easy: unfill all zones before printing or plotting. For plotting, uncheck filling before plotting in the dialog.

For printing you can also use the Objects visibility panel and use the checkbox in the print dialog.

Unfilling does not work, the zone is printed as filled regardless.

Making the zones invisible in the appearance manager and selecting “print according to appearance manager” of course works. Did not think of that.

Thx

Weird, I tried before writing. Are you talking about printing, not plotting?

I have no printer connected to my PC with KiCad so I have checked only with File-Print-Print Preview. When I unfilled zones they disappeared from Print Preview (KiCad 7.0.11 at Windows 10).
If they disappear from preview and you have them in real print than certainly something is not in order.
What KiCad version?

Edit.
When writing and checking I didn’t noticed that eelik already answered.

I was talking about printing throughout…

Tbh, I did not actually print, it still was in the preview though.

Not worth bothering, as there is a solution.

Did you unfilled zones (Ctrl+B)?

Sure (20 characters)