Printing issues with custom template

Hello all,

So I am having an issue printing my schematics with a custom template. I have designed a custom template for the worksheet, and everything has been working great until within the last month or two. Since then, when I try to print my schematic sheet, it only shows a small part of the template, ie the custom bitmap, and 2 or 3 vertical bars that separate the title block. So the circuit itself doesn’t even show up, it is just a blank sheet with a logo and a few lines. If I remove the template, the schematic prints just fine, however, I work in a professional office, where documentation is important, so I need the template. I have found a work around using the plotter tool, and that can print the schematic with the template just fine, I just have to change the name of the document manually after generation. This isn’t a big deal, but the problem remains that the print function doesn’t work as it should, so I can’t print directly from KiCad. I have to plot the PDF, then open a PDF reader and print from there, which is a hassle.

I have been running the nightly builds on Linux Mint 19, but I dropped back to stable a few days ago to see if that would resolve the issue with printing, and another issue with the interactive BoM plugin, but no dice. Of course, when I decided to drop back was with the most recent stable release of 5.1.0, so it probably wasn’t going to be as helpful as I hoped. I have also tested this on multiple machines, all running nightly on Linux Mint 19.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this or should I submit a bug report? All help is appreciated.

Funny you should mention that…

Dang, I have been looking for the last little bit. I was just on the launchpad site before I posted so I didn’t post about something that has been mentioned already. Well, good to know I’m not the only one.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.