Previously placed wire just disappears after placing another on 2 pin connectors

Hi all,

I have 10 (2 pos) screw terminals (TerminalBlock_Phoenix:TerminalBlock_Phoenix_MKDS-1,5-2-5.08_1x02_P5.08mm_Horizontal) on my schematic.

For this application I need to wire pins 1 & 2 of each screw terminal together. I place the first wire, no issues, after I place a second wire on the next screw terminal, the first wire I placed disappears.

It seems the schematic editor will only let me wire pins 1 & 2 on one terminal out of 10?

All screw terminals have a unique reference field. All other wiring operations are fine.

Any ideas? I’m using the latest version 5.0.1-4

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

After some more digging I found that this only seems to be happening with 2 pin connectors/terminals, any 2 pin connector (I’ve tried 4 different ones). Only one connector can have pins 1 & 2 wired together. When you wire a second, the first disappears. 3 and 4 pin (and more) connectors do not have this problem. This is pretty frustrating…

I am able to reproduce your problem when i connect the two pins directly but not if i introduce at least one “bend”.

I created a bug report: Bug #1804297 “Direct wire between two pins of the same component...” : Bugs : KiCad

Thank you! that fix will work for now!

Wow. Cool bug. That one deserves a gold star.

Fixed in master (and will appear in next nightly).

2 Likes

That was fast. ------

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.