Prevent 'flip board view' on Ctrl-Tab

I love the Ctrl-Tab shortcut for switching between preset views. However I’ve noticed since upgrading to V8, bottom-side views are now flipped, i.e. mirrored with respect to top-side views. I can flip them back by un-checking ‘Flip board view’, but it really slows me down when flipping back and forth between views.

I’ve tried re-saving the views with ‘flip’ disabled, but it seems to re-enable by default every time I use Ctrl-tab. Is there any way to disable this?

1 Like

No, it seems intentional (see discussion in gitlab issue 17199: Feature request: PCB Editor: add option to check "Flip board view" per default when loading Layer Preset "Back Layers" / "Back Assembly View" (#17199) · Issues · KiCad / KiCad Source Code / kicad · GitLab), where I already expressed my negative rating of this change.

workaround: define and save your own layer presets and don’t use the original delivered (backside) presets.

Thanks the workaround worked. I thought I’d tried that before, but gave it the same name, which somehow inherited the same flip behaviour.

Hi paulr_ai, could you tell me how you made a workaround, “define your own layer preset”?
I have the same issue and am not happy with this modification.
Thanks