Power Flags, ERC and Diodes

rel= 5.1.5-3
I have a simple common circuit, (see attachment) with a linear converter and anti-reversing diode. When I do the ERC check I get the dreaded “Pin not Driven” error at the diode. Remove the diode and I no longer get the ERC error. The diode was selected from the “stock” symbols and the pins on the diode are “passive”. I believe this is set up as it should be–any ideas?

Thanks
Fritzdiode_example.zip (2.0 KB)

You did not include the cache lib nor did you include your personal libs. I can therefore not really check your project. Project and libary setup for sharing and collaboration (for sharing on the forum the section about read only sharing is enough)

I however have a guess about what is going on. KiCad sometimes reports the pin not driven error on the wrong pin. In reality it should point to the power symbol itself but for some reason points to some other pin on the same net. See https://gitlab.com/kicad/code/kicad/issues/2594

Sorry for the omission–I have included all the files and read the link.

diode_example.zip (4.3 KB)
symbols.zip (5.8 KB)

The ERC is complaining about the input pin to the DC-DC converter–but only when the diode is present. It is as though ERC does not render the connection between the converter and the power input.
Thanks
fritz

ERC is net based. It does not understand that a diode does allow power to be transmitted across it. You need to place a power flag after the diode as well.

OK—that fixed it.
If I could see the nets in the schematic that would help in the future but I did not see an option for this. Is there a way to display them?

Thanks for you help!
fritz

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.