Potential bug in 5.99 related to hierarchical sheets

Hej,

I just noticed that there might be a bug in how hierarchical sheets are. I added a sheet and could not find the corresponding file. Then I found out that it seems KiCAD is using absolute paths to sub sheets. In my case, I had made a copy of my project to branch it to two different ones, but it turns out that the sub sheets used are still the original ones. Does anyone have any experience or opinion on this? To me, it looks like a bug. The (property “Sheet file” in the schematic should be relative to the project directory, not absolute.

Kr,
Robert

When I add a sheet the automatic default name is “untitled.kicad_sch” and it’s in the same folder. It’s exactly the same in the root schematic file, without any path, so it’s automatically relative to the project. Make sure your nightly build version is up to date and give more details if you can reproduce this.

I am not sure how to reproduce this I am afraid. I got this issue in two cases, but did not discover it until after some time, so I am not sure how the path became absolute. Sorry.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.