Possible to export inversed paste layer?

Was just about to try to export solder paste layer to etch it on a flattened alu can as shown in some tutorial online. I can seem to find a smooth way to get an inversed paste layer though, I need black for the non-paste areas and just white for the pads as I’m gonna do toner transfer before etching.

So my current workflow is to export the gerber and then print to pdf in gerbview and then I have to open it up and inverse in a graphics program. Don’t really know what to use for that either, it’s not possible to edit colors in OSX’s preview it seems for this kind of vector file:

Any tips? Preferably as little manual clicketyclick as possible, command line for scripting would be awesome.

Have a look at Image Magick. (https://www.imagemagick.org/script/convert.php) The convert -negate function should do what you are after. You might find it easier to plot a .png from Pcbnew as your starting point rather than using a .pdf. You could also script the plotting from Pcbnew in Python.

Plot (not print!) to PDF and select “Negative plot”

1 Like

Brilliant, how could I miss that? I guess I thought there were only gerber outputs under plot…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.