I want to get a feel for how people are using the GitHub “plugin” in KiCAD - specifically for accessing .pretty libraries and also for downloading 3D models.
There always seems to be someone asking how it works, or why it doesn’t work, or why it is even there at all.
Please take some time to read through the questions below, and answer any that seem appropriate to you (select as many options as you like). The more responses we get the better, to get a clearer picture of how people are using this feature (or if it is even being used).
- I have not heard of the KiCAD GitHub library feature
- I like the GitHub feature! Give me more!
- I use the GitHub libraries as my primary libraries
- I use the GitHub libraries as a basis for my libraries
- I made my own libraries from scratch and do not use the GitHub libs
- I use the libraries on GitHub but use a separate Git tool to manage them
- I would like to use Git to manage my libraries but I don’t want to use GitHub
- The GitHub library plugin is too slow
- I don’t find the GitHub library plugin to be slow at all
- I use the “3D shapes libraries downloader” in PCBNEW to get 3D models
- I have not known about the “3D shapes libraries downloader”
- I never use the “3D shapes libraries downloader”
- I like that each .pretty folder is in a separate repository
- I hate that each .pretty folder is in a separate repository
- I love participating in online polls
- Polls are the worst. Total waste of time. SAD!