Plugin and Content Manager SSL Error

Hello everyone!

I’ve been having a strange problem since I updated from KiCad 7.0.5 to 7.0.9 today. I get the message that the repository URL cannot be loaded. I also get an SSL error.

I have actually tried the GPO solution, as well as manually deactivating the SSL certificate revocation check via the windows registry, but all to no avail.

Unfortunately, I am slowly running out of ideas as to what the problem could be. Especially since everything still worked with 7.0.5. Maybe someone else here has an idea.

Kind regards!

P.S.: I also tried to reinstall KiCad (deleted the files in Local and Roaming AppData as well).

Where are you. Are you behind an office or national firewall?
It’s working for me 7.0.9 on Ubuntu.

That’s odd… I would never have thought that my Internet connection was the cause since I am not aware of any national firewall or something. Also, I am not in the office. But: When connection through a mobile hotspot via my phone, eveything works just fine. Weird. But thank you for making me try that! :slight_smile:

Set environment variables (with any value)

KICAD_CURL_VERBOSE
and
KICAD_ALLOC_CONSOLE

And you will get a console window pop up when kicad launches. Inside of that, curl should now vomit all it’s transaction info which will give more details.

You can undo this window by deleting the environment variables.

4 Likes

Thanks for this info. Will do so once I am back home and get a chance to test that. :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.