Please stop tracking

When I receive an email notification because of a new reply in a thread I’m subscribed to, and I click on a link, I get the following:

My question is not about how to whitelist this or other means about how to avoid this pop-up.

My question is, is can this forum please stop using this tracking behaviour?

Because now, in order to avoid using that spmailtechno.com I have to manually navigate to the forum thread.

And yes, I’m paranoid.

1 Like

I have turned off notifications in my preferences for everything except personal messages, and only those get forwarded to my e-mail address.

I do like to receive the email notifications, but without the additional tracking :sunglasses:

Hello, another paranoid person here! I asked this same question about 2-3 years ago. Because this forum isn’t a fully custom built site by/for KiCad, it and the notification service comes “as-is”.

1 Like

It’s not a feature of the forum software.

It’s just been configured to use SparkPost as a smtp relay, since most server hosts forbid sending email yourself not to mention other issues with spam

SparkPost probably has a setting to disable tracking link metrics @ChrisGammell

Thanks for clarifying the issue.@marekr

1 Like

Hello! @marekr is correct, we use Sparkpost for sending out emails (we used to use Mailchimp) and that is the default domain. Seeing as I never look at the analytics, I just turned it off (the “SMTP tracking” setting in Sparkpost). Please let me know if this produces the intended behavior, which I think should be the direct links to the forum posts.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

12 Likes

Yes, no warnings anymore from ublock origin. Thank you for resolving this matter. :+1:

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.