Please review my footprint

please review my footprint from link before upload gitlab footprint

1 Like

This post looks suspicious to me.

@annopnod should say more about what she or he is trying to do. Give us an image of the footprint. I copied the link above to Virus Total and one result came up suspicious. Many said “clean” and many said “unrated.”

I apologize if I am being over-cautious.

1 Like

The zip files contains two webp images and two footprints. Images are of a heatsink and a toroidal inductor and the footprints are modeled after those images.

I looked briefly at them and they look well designed.
The footprints are symmetrical around their anchor point, and this is not conform to the KLC (KiCad Library Convention). This may be an issue for automated assembly, but such heavy THT parts are often hand assembled anyway. I am not sure if I would have followed the KLC for the anchor location for these footprints myself.

The inductor has two separate windings. Are these to be used in parallel? If this is always the case, then you may use two pads with pad number 1 and two with pad number 2, but using separate pad number keeps your options open.

I’m not sure about hole diameters. These are important, but I can’t check them because there is no info about them in the pictures.

@annopnod I bumped your user level up. Please post the files/images here.

this is heatsink

footprint
Heatsink_China_TO247.kicad_mod (17.7 KB)

source
https://th.aliexpress.com/item/32678311611.html

note
to247 area measured 16cm from the product

this is inductor

footprint
L_CommonMode_Toroid_Vertical_ China_CS330125_39x17mm.kicad_mod (5.1 KB)

source
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=20818203755

note
inductor pin spacing measured same position distance 0.5cm from the product

If the toroid is “common mode” then it is PROBABLY a “common mode choke” rather than an inductor.

An inductor is designed to store energy based upon current and the number of turns, but a common mode choke is designed for maximum impedance and the current in the two windings pretty much cancelling each other. So very little drive (current * turns count) to the core.

If it is a common mode choke then you will usually have power voltage differential (such as 12V DC or 230 VAC) between the two windings. But in this case I do not see insulation suitable for mains voltage so a low voltage common mode choke seems a more likely term for what we are looking at.