Please add split, trim, and offset

kicad has added a lot of quality of life features from the mcad world in recent versions and I very much appreciate it. snaps in v7 and the ability to assign a length to a line in v8 instead of just a start and end point drastically improve usability for me. I would like to request the ability to use trim, split, and offset for working with geometry as well. The more autocad like the better imo.

. I would like to request the ability to use trim, split, and offset for working with geometry as well. The more autocad like the better imo

The correct place for a official feature request is gitlab, so you should open a issue on that platform. If doing so:

• use the kicad builtin function “Help–>Report bug”. This creates the issue, and already prepopulates the required section with version information
  • open one issue per request. Even if they are comparable, they will be implemented with different code. The rule is “one bug/request per issue”

You should also look at kicad v8 and try the new Shape modification–>Extend lines to meet" command.

addition: already open gitlab issues: