Placement Replicate

Can Someone say How to Replicate the Placement or there having any Skill means please share and tell the Procedure to Run the Skill…
Thanks Advance… Need urgent Please suggest

of what?
Layout?
In OpenGL canvas there is the array function.
Or in Legacy canvas there is the copy-block function…

Don’t know what you exactly want.

Yes for Layout., But while using array the refdes is not same which i was used in Schematic

Replicating a layout seems to be a common requirement. I’ve always expected this to be done the manual way and a normal part of layout, but maybe I have the wrong mindset? Some of my boards had up to 10 copies of the same circuit. I place the first and use that as a visual reference for the others.

Perhaps it is because people are used to software and having reusable modules that they expect the same capability in hardware tools.

If KiCad could do it automatically, how would it know which components to replicate? Perhaps it would be possible if the sub-circuit was in a separate sheet.

I think I saw some scripts to replicate placements, but I don’t have a link to hand.

2 Likes

ok bobc, When I google it , It says there is an Script and Having some Procedure to Run the Script to Replicate, I cant Get or Download the Script and dono the Proper procedure that’s why i am asking., If replicate is working properly means it is helpful to do the placement.