Pins Only Copying to First Unit of Component

Hi I am working with the symbol library editor with a multi unit component. I am copying pins from a single unit version I made of the same component. I am running into a bug where if I paste copied pins to units B-D they show up on unit A.

I running the Windows 10 nightly build. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Yeah, I’ve run into this in 4.0.6 . I had to go into each pin and toggle whether the pin is visible in every unit. Tried editing the component by hand, but I was doing something wrong.

Starting to use kipart for multi unit parts. Much less headache.

Just posted in another thread.

Ah yeah, I was doing it wrong.

I did that. The pins still only copy to unit A.

I’ve also made sure that “Common to all units in component” is unchecked. Still get the same bug.

This is quite frustrating. It’s going to waste a huge amount of time if I have to redo all these pins by hand.

Play around with this button and see what it does:

It is a toogle switch. I am never sure what the “on” state for it is.
But it determines if “overlapping” pins over all units are edited at the same time. (This means if this feature is active, and you have a pin at the same position in multiple units, editing this pin in one unit changes all pins at the same position in all other units as well.)

I’ve tried this both ways. [quote=“Rene_Poschl, post:7, topic:8668”]
Play around with this button and see what it does:
[/quote]

I tried it both ways. All the pins still paste to unit A.

Is it possible that there is some pin property saying which unit pins belong to which I need to edit? I can’t find that in pin properties or anywhere else.

I don’t think one can move pins from unit to unit using the symbol editor. But it is possible using a text editor.

The syntax should be:
X [name] [pin number] [X] [Y] [length] [PinOrientation] [sizenum] [sizename] [part] [dmg] [type] [shape]

[part] is the thing you are wanting to look at.
If i remember correctly, 0 means in all units, 1 = unit A, 2 = unit B , …

There is a workaround in the text editor. Set the pin (or graphical element) you want to move from one unit to another to “visible in all units” in the source unit, switch to the target unit and set it to only “visible in this unit”

1 Like

Thanks so much, these are both good solutions.

Is there any way to edit properties for multiple pins simultaneously in the GUI? This would be a great feature if it doesn’t already exist.