Pin name positioning?

Hi,

Can I move pin name ? because there is almost overlapping with pin names.

%EC%BA%A1%EC%B2%98

thank you

Just hit the O Hotkey

You also can always rearrange by hand with move M

Help | List Hotkeys…

1 Like

Is that from the official library? I think you need to edit it in the library.
Right click on part
properties
edit with library editor

1 Like

If it’s in the symbol itself then you will need to arrange for your own symbols.

1 Like

The EBC looks to be a value so your method should work. I’ve never run across that one in the library myself. Then again, lots of transistor symbols. I guess it depends on whether you want that along with the pin numbers on the schematic.

PS. If you are going to reuse this symbol then you want to edit it in the library so you don’t have to do it every time. Just save it in a personal library. That said, there are plenty of transistors and clicking through a dozen I don’t see that one with the EBC listed.

1 Like

Sadly pin nams can not be positioned freely. You can however deselect “place pin names inside” within the symbol properties. This wil move them onto the pin opposite the pin number. (All of this is done in the symbol editor.)

1 Like

Thanks for reply
but I mean I want to move only pin name not whole pin

Thanks for your advice
because It’s my symbol not existed symbol in libraries

I made symbol , because I use DTC144EE

%EC%BA%A1%EC%B2%98

Now It is much better and enough to use
Thank you

1 Like

I don’t agree. What for at schematic you need to see B,E,C letters. You don’t understand the transistor symbol?
In my opinion pin numbers at schematic can be usefull for ICs, but not for transistors. To use that number (for example to touch a right pin with oscilloscope probe) you have to remember how your transistor footprint is numbered, but if you remember this you probably also remember where is the Base, Emitter and Collector.
So in my transistor symbols i hide pin names and numbers.

1 Like

I try and refrain from second guessing certain aspects of peoples decisions and stick to the question they asked unless I have valid concerns they might be missing something that should be brought up. If S.JIN is happy with the symbol created then it ends there for me in this case. The reasons, for me, are irrelevant.

3 Likes

It looked for me that it is posiible that S.JIN being concerned with right positioning pin names and numbers is missing the possibility of just hiding them.

1 Like

This is just a example of what I’m curious about.
and many times I’ve frequently changed the circuit so I feel more convenient showing name (which has directions).
and this is team project circuit. so I prefer this way just now.

Thanks for your opinion.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.