Pin is connected but there's still an error

I’m just beggining to learn this program and did a ECR and it says there is pin unconnected but as I see it, it is connected.

Do you have anything in another part of the schematic with the label SEG3?

when I first started using kicad I got this error often, usually because the end of the wire and the end of the pin
weren’t aligned correctly, delete the wire and redo it making sure you connect to the tip of the pin, this is
especially important if you are using a very fine grid.

A good way to tell if that pin is actually connected is to use the DRAG feature on the micro-controller symbol.

If the pin moves with the drag, then it is connected.; and the problem is likely at the other end of the net as suggested above.

If the pin does NOT move with the drag, then it is NOT connected to the micro-controller.

Hope this helps.

I would also right click and check properties of that pin versus some of the other pins and see if something there is different. Like is it incorrectly defined as a power pin or other type of pin. Also when you do the drc (lady bug) check what is the message there?

dwight

Hi, I have started a new project in Kicad and have been learning a lot due to the info available.
I have a similar problem to this thread, and have done extensive changes to figure out the last
error message in the schematic phase. I get a pin not connected.

I am not sure how this blog works, if this issue is still open or do I need to start a personnel one.
If someone can reply back to me who knows about these errors.
I can put up all the details I have tried to resolve this error.
Let me know what method you would like me to use.

Thank you for your support. I am really stuck on this one.
Farell

Most here are plenty helpful and the fact that you did a search to find this post is a good first step to showing that you are serious enough to have the initiative to take the first step to solving your issue.
The forum itself is still trying to figure out if old threads still have merit after 30 days; so this post seems fine to me.

Two things would really help:
1)The actual error code.
2)A small screen shot where the error is located.

Thank you Sprig for responding.
I took a snipping but forum says as a new user I am not allowed to upload it.
The error message is: ErrType(2) Pin not connected (and no connect symbol found on this pin) @pin 15 input of component j2 is unconnected.

My example has a 2- 46 pin connnectors with global labels on each pin. All the connections are working fine except for pin 15 on one connector (both connectors are from the same part in the library… There is a global label connection for all global labels. I have previously removed the labels and tried running a wire to the destination, it has the same problem. I have also put a short wire between the pin and the global label, same problem. I have tried making the global label a local label on both ends, same results. I have replaced the connector and the global label, same results, I have copied other global labels and changed their name, same results. I am at a complete lost as to what to try next.

Sorry for the long description. I have been working on this problem for about a week. Having searched online and youtube for possible answers and ideas.

Thanks again for looking at this. Farell

PS I do not know how long it will be before I can put up a snipping. If there is another way to send you the file I could try that.

I do not recall all the details of Forum privileges and permissions, but I believe even new users are permitted to attach one file per post. (There may be a size limit.)

As I recall, the upgrades to higher levels of membership are automagic. You will be upgraded after you have spent a certain amount of time logged into the Forum; AND you have looked into a certain number of discussion threads. So look over the list of recent discussion topics, find a few that sound interesting or relevant to you, and spend a few minutes skimming through them.

Dale