Pin header no connection/voltage regulator ERC

On my PCB, I plan to use male header pins (connected from an Arduino uno, to a data line on a servo for example). I’ve got the power lines setup, along with a net label connecting the data line up.

However, when I run ERC, I get two things:

1. For the male pins, it says “Pin not connected (use a “no connection” flag to suppress this error)”. The no connection flag would be the right choice since it’s not actually connected to anything else on the PCB?

2. On my voltage regulator IC (LM78S05) the COM is connected to GND and Out is connected to the 5V line and a capacitor. At both of these points, I get “Different net assigned to a shared pin in another unit of the same component”. Can I ignore this?

No this is a true issue. I suspect your symbol is made wrong (reuses the same pin numbers multiple times). This could be because you have visible power supply pins on every unit instead of separating them into their own unit.

The full meaning of the warning is as follows. Imagine you have a symbol made as two units. Both units hold a pin with number 1. If you now place both units of this symbol in eeschema but connect pin 1 of unit A with +5V and pin 1 of unit A with +3V then ERC will throw the error you showed.

1 Like

Ahh okay, so looks like I forgot to include the pin numbers on each port.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.