Pin - GND - PWR ERC issue for power output to power output connection

Hi i am new to KiCad trying to create a small pin adapter for an SMD sdram part.
I have found symbol and footprint from external site and i am trying simply to connect all Ground Pins and all Power Pins as datasheets points.

I am getting Power output to Power output pin connection errors.

If that chip is a DRAM, none of its power pins should be Power Output; they should all be Power Input.

Search for Each pin in a symbol has an electrical type, such as input, output, or tri-state in this part of the documentation for an explanation of the pin types.

Based on datasheet

Vddq Power Supply Pin V ddq is the output buffer power supply.
Vdd Power Supply Pin V dd is the device internal power supply.
Vssq Power Supply Pin V ssq is the output buffer ground.
Vss Power Supply Pin V ss is the device internal ground.

And if you see the top right corner of the image the ground is Power Output and the vdd which is power supply is Power Input.

Also the chip is: ISSI’s 128Mb Synchronous DRAM achieves high-speed
data transfer using pipeline architecture as documented in datasheet.

Sould the groudd be power input. The same error comes for grounds also that are power inputs so even if i edit the symbol ERC will give the same errors
I can not upload the symbol itself unfortunately.

You are misunderstanding the datasheet.

Those pins are the power supply pins for the output buffer.

So, in terms of the power rails, they are Power Inputs.

and ground pins are power input pins also and in this case this is a symbol mistake from the octapart

i was really reading it in the opposite way.

i will try and probably no more issues.

I’m surprised how many people are using symbols found somewhere. I have never even got an idea to search for it. May be it is because when I started to design PCBs there were no www :slight_smile: .
My advice: You will waste less time on doing your own symbols than on solving problems with symbols found somewhere.

2 Likes

I can agree. In general designer is responsible but i suppose that you can understand that using 2-3 online repositories that have tones of symbols that are basis for almost all professional pcb design softwares is not that bad and it shouldn’t be risky, but still it is proven that you have to check.

In any case the fix worked and as you saw there where 2 mistakes one in the lib and also i was not reading the datasheet in the proper way.

So thank @baldengineer for the help