Pin Circle (in Symbol editor)

Hello, I tried looking this issue up but could not find anything. My work is on the right side of the picture and the tutorial that I’m following for reference is on the left side. The tutorial is slightly older tutorial from 2019 on version 5 so perhaps that is an issue but I don’t think that is the case.

When I create a new pin for a custom symbol that I am making, it looks like it will have a circle in the pin properties window (pin 3 in this example) but then once I click “ok” and actually add it to the editor, the circle does not appear (pin 6, 7 and 8 for example). Perhaps there is some setting that I don’t have correct but I am using “Line” for the Graphic Style just like the tutorial did but it doesn’t work. Can anyone help me with this?

The circle is the “unconnected” target. It will go away when you draw a wire to it.

We don’t show them in the Symbol Editor because symbols don’t get connected until they’re put in a Schematic.

We do show them in the Pin Properties preview mostly so that you can tell which end of the pin is which (since there’s no symbol body that it’s connected to there).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.