Phantom ratsnest after Altium import

I recently imported a small 4 layer board into KiCAD from Altium. I’m getting ratnest lines where there are no pads and can’t seem to be able to select them or get rid of them. When I try running the Cleanup Tracks and Vias under Edit, KiCAD crashes. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Have you try to zoom in really really far, there may be a leftover or trying to select the region and hitting delete?

This is from experience with tracks left overs, never imported Altium stuff before.

Good luck

Yeah, no way to select it. I selected everything and did a cut/paste to place everything on another part of the page and this was left where the circuit originally was:

I think those phantom connection lines can also appear if one (or both) ends of the connection are on a layer that is not currently visible.

Dale

Everything is visible…

Well, I kind of fixed it. After I moved everything, all of the legitimate stuff was on an area of the page where the Y coordinate was +ve. So, I opened the pcb file in Notepad and deleted all of the lines with segments that had -ve Y coordinates. Then I did another Update PCB from Schematic to get my ratsnest back.

1 Like

Ugh! It also seems to have some phantom keepout areas…

Is it a usefull idea to enable some inner layers, then move the things you want to keep to the inner layers, and then remove everything remaining from the old layers?

Or better: Save the intermediate result, and examine the KiCad_pcb file for what it is that remains to omprove the conversion scripts.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.