PCBNew: track has unconnected end. But it's connected

It tells that the track is not connected. But it is.
I got also in other cases the same issue.

What can be the cause?

Application: KiCad PCB Editor x64 on x64

Version: (7.0.0), release build

Libraries:
wxWidgets 3.2.1
FreeType 2.12.1
HarfBuzz 5.0.1
FontConfig 2.14.1
libcurl/7.83.1-DEV Schannel zlib/1.2.13

Platform: Windows 11 (build 22000), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW

Build Info:
Date: Feb 12 2023 01:35:19
wxWidgets: 3.2.1 (wchar_t,wx containers)
Boost: 1.80.0
OCC: 7.6.2
Curl: 7.83.1-DEV
ngspice: 39
Compiler: Visual C++ 1934 without C++ ABI

Build settings:
KICAD_SPICE=ON

Read the small print:

There is a track with a length of 300nm, and that is quite short :slight_smile:

You can use the buttons in the toolbar on the left side to view tracks, pads and/or via’s in “outline mode”.

But you have a lot of those things. A better solution may be: PCB Editor / Tools / Cleanup Tracks and Via’s.

Aditionally:
Try to keep posted screenshots small. Not everybody has a high resolution monitor, and when big bitmaps are posted, the forum software scales them down a lot, which makes texts very small.

I did use the tool Cleanup.
But you know what? Repeating the use, it was cleaning again. So: only one pass wes not sufficient.
Strange.

i will keep in mind to run it several times, from now on.

Ok for the pictures. I try to make them smaller, although I see there is just a file name … no handles to resize them … so I have to resize them upfront the paste here

No need to make everything beforehand, when you include a picture in a post you can select how you wish it to be displayed at the bottom when you hover on top of the picture (100% 75% 50% etc.)

Ok now it’s clear. I was uploading the picture just by pasting it. and clicking on REPLY. I see in the lower right corner the “preview button”. If I click it, then I get the same your screen.

Thank you for the hint.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.