PCBNew : répartir des composants avec précision

Bonjour,

Dans mon projet je dois aligner avec une grande précision 12 composants électromécaniques.

Sous PCBNew (version 5.1.12) existe-t-il un outil permettant de répartir des éléments dans une longueur donnée ? Dans mon cas, le pas entre les composants doit être de 13.8 mm exactement, sur une longueur totale de 166 mm. Je ne comprends pas les commandes « Déplacer exactement » et « Position relative à » du menu contextuel d’un composant. Où trouver de la doc à ce sujet ? Y a-t-il une version plus récente permettant de faire cela ?

Merci d’avance pour votre aide.

Hello In my project, I have to align 12 electromechanical components with great precision. In PCBNew (version 5.1.12) is there a tool to distribute elements in a given length? In my case, the pitch between the components should be exactly 13.8 mm, out of a total length of 166 mm. I don’t understand the “Move Exactly” and “Relative Position” commands in a component’s context menu. Where can I find documentation on this subject? Is there a newer version that can do this? Thank you in advance for your help.

Please put your text though some translation engine. Translation tools can be integrated in web browsers these days, so it should be a very small effort for you (after the initial setup).

There are very few French speaking (writing) people here. I have put posts from others through translation tools several times, but I stopped doing that. It’s you who want help, so make it easier for us (volunteers donating their time) to help you.

Dealing with other languages on this forum is also a nuisance for the moderators, who have to check messages spam and unrelated content.

Bonjour Dans mon projet, je dois aligner 12 composants électromécaniques avec une grande précision. Dans PCBNew (version 5.1.12), existe-t-il un outil pour répartir les éléments dans une longueur donnée? Dans mon cas, le pas entre les composants doit être exactement de 13,8 mm, sur une longueur totale de 166 mm. Je ne comprends pas les commandes « Déplacer exactement » et « Position relative » dans le menu contextuel d’un composant. Où puis-je trouver de la documentation à ce sujet? Existe-t-il une version plus récente qui peut le faire? Merci d’avance pour votre aide.

OK. Next time I will translate my request into English. Sorry !
Thank you for your help !

1 Like

V5 is very, very old . . . but anyway . . .

This video may help you quite a lot: https://youtu.be/eDBGMS9mLdU?si=ab3Ri3ddvkInIl9T

KiCad V5 is very old, and KiCad has been improving at an impressive rate. Nobody should be using such an old KiCad version anymore. On top of that, it is so old that most people have forgotten most of it’s peculiarities, and what functions it has exactly.

The simplest way would be to set your grid to 13.8mm.

Move Exactly uses relative coordinates. The Position Relative to lets you enter an offset from a known starting position. It’s in the manual (in the menu under Help. The manual is also available in other languages.

The Align/Distribute is also an option. You first put the parts roughly in the correct position, then position the two outermost parts exactly (for example by editing their coordinates in the properties of the footprint), and then the Align/Distribute function can create equal distances between the footprints.

Thanks a lot for the clarifications !
So I will install the latest version of KiCad.
Greetings.