Pcbnew doesn't show %F filename format symbol in page layout

I couldn’t find reference to this anywhere, so maybe it’s just me.

We’ve created a custom Page Layout Description File (a .kicad_wks file) using pl_editor and it’s working well for our schematics. Now we want to do the same for our PCBs. I can’t see any reason why we wouldn’t just use the same layout, so I’ve selected the same .kicad_wks in pcbnew’s Page Layout dialog.

Everything looks fine (except our logo, which I should swap for the dark background version) except where we successfully used %F to get the filename in Eeschema, appears blank in pcbnew.

1. Is the %F format symbol not supported in pcbnew?
  2. Do people tend to have a different page layout for their PCBs compared to their SCHs?

This might really be a bug. Even the default worksheet file does not show the filename on the pcb side of things. (tested in a week old nightly) I suggest to report this over at the bugtracker.

Not sure if this is relevant or not, but I have noticed the same behavior in pcbnew in that it doesn’t appear on screen however I have noticed that it does appear to work when you print the layers.

On a side note, is there a way to get the name of the layer to appear? My work around is to place the layer name on each layer in the relevant location inside the title block, the only thing wrong with this approach is they also appear in the Gerber outputs which might be a production issue.

Will do, thank you.

Same here! Thank you, will include in bug report.

Submitted: https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1819000

That was quick. As of 2019-03-07T16:06Z a fix was committed 1 hr ago. So the fix was committed 2hrs after the bug was submitted to launchpad. Thanx @Seth_h. :smiley:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.