PCBNew does not mark a board as changed when updated via script

Hey,

This might be very complicated to implement or is intended the way it works now, but wanted to check. When I make modification to a board using the Python interface, e.g. adding a track or a via, the board is not marked as modified in PCBNew. If I save, the changes are saved, but no asterisk * is indicating that it is needed. If you think this is a bug, then I can submit one, but maybe this is intended?

Es gibt die Funktion OnModify In der Klasse PCB_EDIT_FRAME, wenn ich das richtig verstehe sollte diese Funktion aufgerufen werden nachdem Modifikationen gemacht wurden um dies dem Benutzer anzuzeigen.
Leider ist diese Funktion in Python nicht verfügbar: KiCad Pcbnew Python Scripting: pcbnew.py Source File

Das bringt mich zur weiteren Frage: Ich nehme an Rückgängig und Wiederholen wird wahrscheinlich auch nicht funktionieren, oder?

Du müsstest wohl ein Ticket auf GitLab erstellen damit diese Funktionen zukünftig exportiert wird. Oder dies in deinem eigenen Repository tun.

It’s not a bug. Current api gives you direct access into kicad’s inner workings, it’s not watching what you are doing to know when you have modified things. If you use the plugin system then it’s smarter about it and will save changes in undo system as well as mark the board as modified.

If you are doing stuff directly in scripting console then it’s the wild west, you can do whatever.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.