PCB component displacement

Hi everyone. Derived from Feature request List with Various Items

10 ) PCB component displacement more smarter with internal tracks. For example, if you have a resistor with a track in the middle, you can´t move so much the resistor, because once the track conflict with the pad the resistor back to the original place, and you have no more option than erase the track and redraw after move.

When move a resistor, is easy erase one track and place again. But if i have a BGA and want move 2mm i need move 200 tracks and 50 vias too.

11 ) In PCB when you have a track with one extreme un connected. For example when you need to delete one segment (previous point) is hard move the “head” of the track. The system allways try to drag the track keep both extremes of segment fixed in place making a triangle.

Thanks to all

1. is a useful idea , but already tracked in gitlab issue Implement shove/walkaround for footprint dragging in PNS (#4214) · Issues · KiCad / KiCad Source Code / kicad · GitLab

This would combine footprint dragging with the walkaround + shove router together. But I imagine this would require a big enhancement to the current code.

If you like the gitlab-request you could (should) upvote this (or every other) gitlab-issue with the thumbs-up icon below the opening-post. This way the developers track the user-interest.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.