Hello,

A friend send me a zip file witht files pro, sch, pcb and gbr
With my version 5.1.9 i can open only the gbr files
with other, it’s send a n error message
i have load the latest of nov 2021 5.1.12
pb is always the same
?
An idea
here example of filesimpleSA_DISP_TG.kicad_pcb (3.6 MB)
cdt

Might want to see if your friend was using the nightly builds. The version required would hint that might be the case.

I can open that PCB in:

Version: 6.0.0-rc1-unknown-b6ea9afb4f~144~ubuntu20.04.1, release build

All KiCad’s project files are readable ascii with version info at the top of the file. Your PCB file starts with:

(kicad_pcb (version 20210126) (generator pcbnew)

Hello,

I don’t know what is it

I found some explications here

Est-ce une bonne idée d’utiliser une version de construction nocturne? - FAQ - Forums KiCad.info

I have send an email to the sender of the files. I may be send more information about version, etc

cdt

Paulvdh,

yes if open the file with an editor i have: (kicad_pcb (version 20210126) (generator pcbnew)
but how to know the number of version to use?
have you a link for the 6?

cdt

You can find all current versions and install instructions for them for all supported operating systems on the KiCad website:

Both the current stable version (now V5.1.12) and the “nightly” (Now V6.0.0.rc1) can be installed and used at the same time.

There are quite a lot of people who have used the nightlies (was V5.99 and V6.0.0.rc1) for their projects for some time.

The date string in the file (In this case: 20210126) is not just a date string. There is a very limited number of such strings, and they change only when the file format changes. In the last year this was about once a month on average.

Thanks
I will try it

cdt

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.