Pan with arrow keys

I would like the arrow keys to pan the screen rather than move the cursor in Kicad and all the subprograms. I already have the mouse in one hand. Why would I use the arrow keys with my free hand to move the cursor? I want to use the arrow keys to pan. I know that I can pan/zoom with the scroll wheel but that’s awkward to control in some situations.

Shift+arrow pans. Can you adapt to that? In 5.99 (development version leading to 6.0) those functions can be reassigned, so you can change it in Preferences, but not in 5.1.

2 Likes

Glad to hear that this more natural and sensible functionality can be configured in 6.0. Thanks for the reply.

When doing a lot of schematic entry I sometimes start to use hjkl for cursor movement, just like in vi.
It does not work though, maybe I’ll re assign those keys someday.

On the other hand, I highly recommend to give the simultaneous pan and zoom with the mouse scrollwheel a try. It does take some getting used to, but after some time there is a big chance you really start to like it, especially if you use KiCad a lot.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.