Page Settings date format

In the schematic page properties, when setting the Issue date the current date format is dd/mm/yyyy but when you click to transfer it over, it changes to yyyy/mm/dd as shown below.
Is there anyway to keep the format the same?

I can’t even enter the date on my schematic anywhere. Is there a special trick to doing that, or does it happen automatically when you print the schematic ? Maybe you’re using a newer version than my kicad 5.1.9+dfsg1-1~bpo10+1, release build.
I figured out to make a .plt file, but I have no idea what it is for.

Under page settings you can enter it or transfer it from the current date as shown in the screenshot above.

1 Like

Oh, you mean from File…Page Settings. Okay, got it.

For me the dates in the dialog (In V5.1.9) look like:

The right date is probably some OS dependent string, and when copied to the left with <<< It’s turned into ISO_8601 format.

I’ve also checked this with a recent nightly, and it has both dates in ISO8601 format. I assume this is how it is supposed to be.

1 Like

I know I can type the date in how I want manually but seems strange that the button changes the displayed format. It would be nice if there was a dropdown or something that allowed you to choose the date format of preference.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.