Page number is incorrect after I convert schematic to 6.0

Hi,

When I convert a shcematic to KiCAD 6.0 version format, I found the page number is incorrect.

Here is the original file which is opened with KiCAD 5.1.12:

And here is the one I opened with KiCAD 6.0:

Please pay attention to the Id in the right and bottom corner, they are the same schematic file, the only different thing is one is opened with KiCAD 5.1.12 and the other is opened with KiCAD 6.0.0, but one’s Id is 2/6 and the other’s is 6/6.
(Please ignore the differences of the work sheet, because I have update the work sheet template to version 6.0’s format, so when I used KiCAD 5.1.12 to open the sheet, it can’t recorganize the work sheet template, so it used default work sheet of KiCAD 5.1.12 instead, but I promise I haven’t modify the ID format of the work sheet)

When I opend 6.0.0’s schematic file with text editor, I found that in the source file, it shows ‘sheet 2 6’:

So, I think maybe this is a bug for KiCAD 6.0.0.

Here is the KiCAD 6.0.0’s infomation:
Application: KiCad 原理图编辑器 (64-bit)

Version: (6.0.0), release build

Libraries:
wxWidgets 3.1.5
libcurl/7.78.0-DEV Schannel zlib/1.2.11

Platform: Windows 10 (build 18363), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW

Build Info:
Date: Dec 24 2021 19:17:02
wxWidgets: 3.1.5 (wchar_t,wx containers)
Boost: 1.76.0
OCC: 7.5.0
Curl: 7.78.0-DEV
ngspice: 35
Compiler: Visual C++ 1929 without C++ ABI

Build settings:
KICAD_USE_OCC=ON
KICAD_SPICE=ON

Definitely seems like a bug. Could you create an issue in gitlab and attach the project that shows the problem?

Also note that bugs can be set to “private” on gitlab.
I once was contributing some ideas / workarounds to a bug reported on gitlab, until the OP uploaded some (private) project, and for me the whole topic disappeared.

Sites like gitlab also have many paying customers, whose repositories you’ll never see and thus also not know about.

I have create an issue on the gitlab and set it as confidential, the issue number is 10158. @paulvdh

Hi, I ste the issue as confidential in the gitlab, but I am not sure whether the developer of KiCAD can access my issue or not, could you help me to check it?

I just did a quick check and I get no results for a search for #10158, while searches for some other issue number does return the issue.

You can of course also create a second account on gitlab and check for yourself.

I do not have much experience with this confidential stuff. I’m having visions of no one except yourself being able to see the issue :crazy_face:

Keep it open, otherwise it won’t be noticed…

You…can…see…it.

That’s great.

I will keep it open tomorrow.

I have special permissions in the issue database although I’m not a developer. I do janitoring there.

Sorry it took long to acknowledge the issue. We are working on it now.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.