Hello, I’m trying to make "combined "castellated holes (for both THT and on-board soldering) like on Arduino Nano Every / Raspberry Pico boards.
I’m not sure, how to formulate the question, but I assume: “How to automatically link pin numbers between 2 pins?”
The way I’m making such a castellated hole (using KiCad 6.0.10) is:
- make a normal THT round pad (80 mil OD, 40 mi ID)
- add the rectangular THT pad with “castellation” checkmark (width 80 mil, length 0.1 inches, hole diameter 40 mil)
- assign the same number to both pads
- place the rectangular pad in a way when:
- the board edge passes through its center
- it overlaps with a circular pad
- the distance between the centers of 2 pads is 50 mil
- group these pads
- copy-past group up to a final number of needed pads in the connector (let say, I need 30)
The problem starts when I need to re-enumerate those pins. If I’m using the built-in option “Renumber Pins”, I can easily re-enumerate the circular pads from 1 to 30, but how to restart it for rectangular ones? If I start “Renumber pins” and start clicking on rectangular pads, it also starts changing the number of circular pins (changing the previously created numbers). The way I see it, would be bounding the number of the rectangular pad to the number of circular pad it is in the group with, but I don’t get if such an option is in KiCad. Or what are other options?
P.S. Yes, I can do it all manually, but I was wondering if there is other option.