Pads not connecting to zone

3 of us in our group appear to have encountered a similar problem. I have mounting holes in the corners of a PCB. The mounting holes have pads on both top and bottom layers. They are given a value of GND. They are surrounded by a zone, which is also GND. Editing the pads, under Pad Properties>Clearance overrides and settings>Connections to copper zones is set to Solid. In PCBNEW, all appears as it should, but when the Gerbers were generated, the zones were relieved back from the pads. I have done this many times in the past successfully, but not this time. What am I missing?

TIA
bdh

Which Kicad version?

And it helps always if you attach the zipped project (maybe cut down the board and leave only the connected holes and the zones if you fear espionage).

In the SCHEMATIC you need to add symbols for mounting holes and connect them to Gnd. You may have to mess with the Ref Designators to get them to match the PCB or just update the PCB from Sch and they will appear.

Yeah, my bad. I realized I forgot to include the version - V6.0.7.

tried to copy the steps in your OP (with v6.0.9) → board as well as gebers look ok.
Also no other ideas. I think we need the project.

Edit: do you have updated the footprint from library (so maybe some changes got redone with the updte-process)?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.