Pad0 too close to other pads

I have a LCD footprint with 18 pads numbering from 1 to 18. DRC shows pad 0 is too close to pad 1 and pad 18. I am wondering where does this pad0 come from and how can I get rid of this problem? Thanks!

Where did the footprint come from? Is this a standard KiCad footprint or has been sourced from elsewhere? Can you upload a copy or identify which footprint you have used?

The footprint was created by modifying another one from the library. Unfortunately, I could not upload the file. It says new users cannot upload files.

If you browse around the forum and read the FAQs (for instance), you will be promoted to the next user level and can upload items. Alternatively you can post a link to a file sharing site. Without looking at your modified footprint it is difficult to be sure what is going on - and a slightly bigger screenshot of the surrounding area might help too. Are you sure there isn’t an additional Pad β€˜0’ somewhere on that footprint? I would look closely at Pin 10 - there is normally a dot in the centre of a zero.

Thank you, John! I took a hint from what you said. Actually there were two extra pads according to info below the footprint. I moved all the pads and silk aside by shift selecting them one by one, blindly windowed a region around the origin, hit delete, the two invisible pads were gone, and DRC stopped complaining.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.